- This event has passed.
Watch the Recording Here:
There are two major updates we discussed on this week’s webinar.
CMS is Changing LTCF Reporting Requirements
Our Infection Prevention Director is going to breakdown the new change and instruct you on how to prepare. This one isn’t unexpected but can have MAJOR impacts on your facility, especially for facilities that often play the get-behind-and-catch-up-after-2-months game. Luckily, that’s not you, but we all have those friends. On the webinar, Megan will discuss her experiences with tracking and how you should prepare. Her experience in high-volume acute settings has given her loads of knowledge you can learn from.
COVID-19 State Survey: What They’re Inspecting
Long term care, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities are being surveyed outside of the normal schedule to ensure they are prepared for a possible outbreak. After the $611,000 fine given to the facility in Washington, many administrators are nervous. We’ve heard from some organizations who have made it through the audit and what the state is looking for:
- All Infection Control Policies but especially the Pandemic Plan
- How the staff is being updated
- What residents may be going in and out for procedures or transfers
- How residents feel the staff is doing with PPE and hand hygiene.
- During the webinar, we will be discussing these items in detail so you can be prepared and avoid an outbreak and fines.
If you know you need help, please contact us
We have a service that is wholly-dedicated to improving your facility’s infection control. Don’t wait for an outbreak to discover where your gaps are. Contact us now!